I’m a native of Los Angeles who just dove into a major life change by moving to Dubai in November 2018. A cross between a level-headed, no-nonsense science geek and hopeless romantic, here are the combination of things that I think make me unique:
- Having attended a performing arts high school followed by a music conservatory, my first love is classical music - I’m a classically trained trombonist with a love of juicy symphonic works of the late 1800’s and early 1900’s (think Shostakovich, Respighi, Mahler, Stravinsky, Strauss, etc)
- At age 21 I entered the gay party social scene in West Hollywood and began gogo dancing all over LA and several major cities across the US. This plus My Facebook and Instagram posts (selfies, mostly) gained me my higher-than-average follower count.
- I spent 6 1/2 years working in various positions throughout a medical (ophthalmology) practice. Surgical center Orderly, Receptionist, Compliance Officer, Ophthalmic Technician, Office Manager, Executive Assistant, Project Supervisor.
- I’m very body-conscious and have been a bit of a gym rat since I was about 16. I’ve even spent some time as a private certified personal trainer.
- I’m a lifelong learner and lover of science. I spend most of my free time doing things like watching Ted Talks, listening to lectures, podcasts, and reading books on topics like psychology, philosophy, physics, biology, and politics.
- I’ve spent probably 95% or more of my adult life in relationships. In fact, I moved to Dubai “for love” and now live with my amazing Lebanese boyfriend who happens to be a member of the Cabin Crew for Emirates Airlines. So there will be considerable world travel in my near future - a fantastic change, as I had never traveled outside of North America until this move to Dubai.
- I am currently in search of a job in Dubai. I’m looking primarily in the healthcare, fitness, and travel industries but am open to any opportunity.