Arch. Armand Michael R. Eustaquio graduated from the University of the Philippines College of Architecture in April 1988.
Arch. Armand Michael R. Eustaquio’s involvement with Accessibility began in 1993 when he was called upon by the UAP to be a Member of the UAP Technical Working Group (TWG) for the first review and updating of the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Batas Pambansa Bilang 344 (BP344). This IRR is the one currently being implemented by the DPWH and all Building Officials.
Since then he has been advocating for Accessibility in the built environment in various capacities:
- He is currently the Chairman of the UAP Committee on Accessibility Audits for Private Buildings (CAAPB) under the Special Committees under the office of incumbent UAP National President Arch. Armando Eugene C. De Guzman. He was also the CAAPB Chairman during the terms of the late UAP Immediate Past National President Renato A. Heray, Past National President (PNP) Benjamin K. Panganiban, and PNP Guillermo H. Hisancha.
- He is a member of the Sub-Committee on Accessibility on Built Environment and Transportation (SCABET) of the National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA).
- He is one of the UAP’s representatives to the Work Program on Accessibility for All (WP AfA) of the International Union of Architects (UIA).
- He is the only Filipino member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) based in the U.S.A.
- He continues to be a Resource Person for BP344, Accessibility Audits, and Accessibility Mapping for the different chapters of the UAP & Schools of Architecture and the DOTr Task Force Accessibility.
- He was Deputy Chairman to Architect Jaime G. Silva in the UAP Committee on Accessibility since its inception in the year 2000 until 2012.
- He continues to be the Resource Person for the Regional Orientation Seminars on Batas Pambansa Bilang 344 for District Engineers, Building Officials, and Municipal Engineers conducted by the Department of Public Works & Highways from 2004 to 2005, from 2010 to 2012, and from 2018 to the present.
- He was Resource Person for the Non-Handicapping Environments Project of the Asia Pacific Development Center for Disability (APCD) based in Bangkok, Thailand, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in Manila, and the National Council on Disability Affairs in Opol Misamis Oriental and in New Lucena, Iloilo from 2010 to 2014.
- More than twenty (20) years after the first amendments to the IRR of BP344 he was again called to be a member of the Inter-Agency Technical Working Group representing the United Architects of the Philippines for the second review and updating of the 1993 IRR of BP 344 to come up with the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (RIRR) of BP344.
- He was the Project Chair of the Accessibility Assessment Project of past UAP National President Ramon S. Mendoza in FY 2010-2011 and FY 2011-2012.
- He was the Chairman of the Committee on Accessibility Audits under the Flagship Programs during the term of UAP National President Arch. Ma. Benita O. Regala in FY2014-2015 and FY2015-2016.
His professional career
- He was Accessibility Consultant of Steven J. Leach Jr. + Associates [Consultants] Incorporated for the World Bank Philippine Country Office from May to June 2006.
- He was Accessibility Consultant of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources for the Pasig River Rehabilitation Commission (PRRC) and was tasked to conduct of Accessibility Audits on all operational Ferry Stations of the Pasig River Ferry System from July 2007 to September 2007.
- He was the Accessibility Consultant of the Department of Energy from March 2008 to June 2009.
- He was Accessibility Consultant of the British Council Philippines Office in February 2010.
- He was Accessibility Consultant of Espina, Perez-Espina, and Associates for the Isabela Doctors Hospital in 2014 and the Santiago City Medical Specialists Hospital from 2013 to 2014.
- In 2015 he became Accessibility Consultant for the UP Diliman Campus and eventually Accessibility Consultant for the entire University of the Philippines System in 2016 - covering all the campuses of the University of the Philippines from UP Baguio to UP Mindanao.
- He was Accessibility Consultant of the Fairmont Raffles Hotel Makati for the Ayala Hotels and Resorts Group from August 2016 to November 2016.
- He was the Accessibility Consultant of Magallona + Aromin and Associates for the College of Saint Benilde Antipolo, Rizal Campus from December 2016 to March 2017.
- He is Accessibility Expert in the Multidisciplinary Team of Experts assembled by the University of the Philippines Resilience Institute to update the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) and Zoning Ordinance, the Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP), and Disaster Risk Reduction and Management System (DRRMS) of the City of Manila called PLANManila 2030 for the Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities.
- He is also Accessibility Consultant for the Task Force Accessibility (TFA) of the Department of Transportation’s Inclusive Transport Unit (DOTr InTrU).